Upgrading the suspension on your Alfa Romeo Giulia?
This Upgraded Upper Top Hat Kit is an excellent way to further upgrade the suspension in your Giulia.
These extended front top hats are designed to convert your Giulia to a true coaxial setup and will add additional compression stroke to the shock.
This top hat design allows the shock shaft to be tucked higher into the body of the car allowing the shock body to also tuck higher than normal. This results in more shock travel before bottoming out and will increase suspension compliance and traction. The spherical bearing upper mount also eliminates bushing compliance of stock mounts and gives greater control to dampers under high racing loads.
Non-coaxial upper mounts, while very economical for production and fine for street use, leave a lot of available suspension performance on the table. This can be vastly improved by going to a true coaxial setup that separates the upper mount and spring perch. Non-coaxial upper spring location induces bind in the shock shaft increasing friction on the shock piston and also forces the spring to have nonlinear compression rate. Increased friction leads to higher shock oil temperature, additional wear in pistons and seals, and greatly reduces traction at the wheel.
This kit will convert the non-coaxial top hats that come with most coilover suspension kits to a true coaxial set-up.
Not designed for use with stock or stock-type springs.
Made in the USA from 6061 Billet Aluminum. The Custom Upper Mounts use high strength FK Wide-Series Bearings with Teflon Liners for maintenance free, quiet operation.
- Fits Alfa Romeo Giulia Chassis - Front
- Coaxial Design for increased traction and reduced shock blind
- Hat movement is independent of spring compression axis
- Spherical Bearing to eliminate bushing deflection under load
- 6061-T6 Aerospace Aluminum Alloy for extra rigidity and reduced weight
- FK large 3/4" High-Quality Spherical Bearings
- Install Kit Required (available for each shock brand)
- Anodized Black Finish for durability
- Engineered, Tested, and Manufactured in the United States
This is a Special Order part and all sales are final. Please allow 7-14 days for delivery.
Please be sure this item is right for your needs. If you have any questions please call us first prior to ordering.