The Forza Exhaust Bypass Valve Controller provides three different operational modes — all three modes can be selected using the included remote transmitter or a manual On/Off switch.
Normal Mode: In this mode, the vehicle controls the operation of the exhaust bypass valves. This is the stock operation.
Always Open: Selecting this mode will force the exhaust bypass valves to the open position — and remain open. When the valves are Always Open, you have the full experience of hearing your engine exhaust at any time.
Always Closed: Selecting the Always Closed mode will force the exhaust bypass valves to remain closed at all times. This overrides the ECU control which opens the valves at predetermined engine and vehicle speeds. This mode is especially useful to ensure that your vehicle is as quiet as possible.
Note: With this option, you can force the valves to stay in the closed position at all times. This feature was added at the request of people who track their cars at locations with strict noise standards and did not want the vehicle ECU to open the valves at high engine RPM.
Each kit is assembled using components designed to withstand the rigors of installation in the engine bay of a modern sports car. The enclosure is made from extruded aluminum. The internal circuit board can withstand the elevated temperatures that tend to exist in the engine bay of a vehicle. The connection cables are constructed using highly serviceable TPE insulated cabling rated to 105° C. Connectors are weatherproof automotive connectors designed to resist moisture.
This kit is completely plug-and-play. Power for the controller comes from the existing connector to the car's exhaust bypass vacuum solenoids, and no wiring modifications are required because the kit includes connector cables for the vacuum solenoids.
Since no modifications are required to install, if you ever want to remove the controller the installation is 100% reversible.
Installation is straight forward. The smaller size makes it easier to find a suitable location to install the controller, unplug the vacuum solenoids, connect the included cables and route the cables to the controller. Once installation is complete, you use one button on your remote transmitter to open the exhaust bypass valves and the other button to close the valves and return control to the car, and you also have the ability to configure a manual on/off switch that you can mount inside your vehicle.
- Completely self contained controller box
- User configuration to use either the remote control key fob or use a manual on/off switch
- Approved by FCC, CE and all international governing bodies
- Always Closed option can be used to keep the valves closed at all times
- All internal components integrated on Printed Circuit Board for higher reliability
- Fail safe mode ... when vehicle ignition is turned off, exhaust bypass valve control reverts to factory ECU
- No Check Engine Lights (CEL) or Diagnostic Test Codes (DTC)
- Cables assembled using water and oil resistant flexible cord - 18 AWG stranded Class K copper conductors per ASTM B-174. Cable is rated SJEEOW for severe outdoor service with TPE insulation rated to 105° C. Type SJEOOW cords are ideal for flex applications in harsh high temperature environments where highest degree for water and oil resistance and extended service life are essential.
- All electrical cables use weatherproof connectors
- High-gain external antenna for improved remote control performance
- Kit includes full installation instructions
- Kit includes one remote control transmitter
- Additional transmitters available at checkout
- Remote control can be programed to newer versions of HomeLink (version 5 and higher) that is integrated into many cars. Older versions of HomeLink (earlier than 2013) will not support the 433MHz frequency of the remote transmitter used by Forza.
- Mounting accessories including cable ties and high temperature tolerant adhesive mounts