Ford E150 / E250 / E350 / E450 / E550 Performance Air Filter by BMC - FB650/08
This is THE BEST Direct Replacement Air Filter available for your Ford!
- E150 CLUBWAGON 4.2 V6 (YEAR 2003)
- E150 CLUBWAGON 4.6 V8 (YEAR 03 > 05)
- E150 CLUBWAGON 5.4 V8 (YEAR 03 > 05)
- E150 ECONOLINE 4.2 V6 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E150 ECONOLINE 4.6 V8 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E150 ECONOLINE 5.4 V8 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E150 ECONOLINE CLUBWAGON 4.2 V6 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E150 ECONOLINE CLUBWAGON 4.6 V8 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E150 ECONOLINE CLUBWAGON 5.4 V8 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E150 IV 4.2 V6 (YEAR 2003)
- E150 IV 4.6 V8 (YEAR 03 >)
- E250 4.2 V6 (YEAR 2003)
- E250 4.6 V8 (YEAR 03 >)
- E250 5.4 V8 (YEAR 03 >)
- E250 ECONOLINE 4.2 V6 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E250 ECONOLINE 5.4 V8 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E250 SUPER DUTY 5.4 V8 (YEAR 04 > 05)
- E350 CLUBWAGON 5.4 V8 (YEAR 03 > 05)
- E350 CLUBWAGON 6.8 V10 (YEAR 03 > 05)
- E350 CUTAWAY 5.4 V8 CLASS C (YEAR 06 > 07)
- E350 CUTAWAY 6.8 V10 CLASS C (YEAR 06 > 07)
- E350 ECONOLINE 5.4 V8 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E350 ECONOLINE 6.8 V10 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E350 ECONOLINE CLUBWAGON 5.4 V8 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E350 ECONOLINE CLUBWAGON 6.8 V10 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E350 SUPER DUTY 5.4 V8 (YEAR 04 >)
- E350 SUPER DUTY 6.8 V10 (YEAR 04 >)
- E450 CUTAWAY 6.8 V10 CLASS C (YEAR 03 >)
- E450 ECONOLINE SUPER DUTY 5.4 V8 (YEAR 00 > 02)
- E450 ECONOLINE SUPER DUTY 5.4 V8 STRIPPED (YEAR 00 > 02)
- E450 ECONOLINE SUPER DUTY 6.8 V10 (YEAR 97 > 02)
- E450 ECONOLINE SUPER DUTY 6.8 V10 STRIPPED (YEAR 00 > 02)
- E450 MOTORHOME 6.8 V10 (YEAR 97 > 04)
- E450 SUPER DUTY 5.4 V8 (YEAR 03 > 04)
- E450 SUPER DUTY 6.8 V10 (YEAR 03 >)
- E450 SUPER DUTY (STRIPPED CHASSIS) 5.4 V8 (YEAR 2003)
- E450 SUPER DUTY (STRIPPED CHASSIS) 6.8 V10 (YEAR 2003)
- E550 ECONOLINE SUPER DUTY 6.8 V10 (YEAR 2002)
- E550 ECONOLINE SUPER DUTY 6.8 V10 (YEAR 97 > 99)
- E550 MOTORHOME 6.8 V10 (YEAR 97 > 04)
Why choose BMC over other high flow drop in filters?
BETTER THAN OEM FILTERS
OEM paper filters present an elevated resistance to the passage of air and consequently a reduction in engine performance. Compared to a paper filter the BMC air filter permits a notably higher air flow passage, producing less than half the Pressure Drop (difference between the air pressure before and after the filter element) over the paper filters. This doesn't compromise the filter's engine protection efficiency: thanks to the combination of the different oiled layers, containment of all impurities is guaranteed as far as 7 microns, while paper filters generally require total filtration of particles as small as 10 microns. So BMC air filters let more air into the engine while still protecting it better than paper ones.
In addition, a traditional paper filter must be replaced regularly during routine maintenance whilst the BMC air filter is reusable and has a general life-span equal to that of the vehicle.
BETTER THAN SYNTHETIC FILTERS
The principal difference between BMC oiled cotton filters and synthetic material filters (for example, plastic material cloth) is seen in the ability to retain air impurities. Synthetic filters allow the passage to particles smaller than the size of the tiny holes in the filtration material- this means that a filter with 80 micron holes allows the passage of all elements of a size smaller than the hole, only guaranteeing containment of particles larger than the dimension of the hole (for example - sand has a dimension of around 50 microns). The cotton has a wider texture which favors a greater air-flow passage and through the combination of the different oiled layers, guarantees containment of all impurities from as small as 7 microns.
BETTER THAN OTHER COTTON FILTERS
BMC's support frame structures are manufactured using a unique procedure called "Full Moulding" which enables the production of the characteristic red filter from a single mold without the need for gluing at the corners, often the cause of easy breakage.
BMC air filters have the smallest rubber infringement in the market (less than 6mm), thus allowing the maximum filtering surface.
The BMC air filter is composed of a metallic mesh covered by an oiled multi-layer cotton filtration material. This guarantees a high level of filtering efficiency and a limited loss of air pressure. The oil used gives the material its "sticky" adhesive characteristic which aids in the retention of air impurities, without compromising or blocking air flow penetration. This also creates a continuous filtering process. The cotton filtrating element is contained within an external support frame which interfaces with the air box and allows it to be securely installed in the air-box. Every stage of the production process (from design to manufacturing) is carried out in Italy by Italian engineers using the finest materials.
BMC operates in a number of areas: automotive, racing, aerospace, nautical and industrial, according to the specific regulations and requirements of each and every one of this sectors. Consequently, BMC tests are severe and thorough, thus ensuring the highest quality in respect to paper, foam and plastic materials. The technical solutions used by BMC are derived from the results of a continuous and intense program of laboratory tests. BMC carries out filtration tests in reference to the international standards for filtering (ISO 5011). BMC Air Filters have a 98.5% filtering efficiency in respect to this standard.
ECOLOGICAL AND ECONOMICAL
BMC air filters are made of cotton, a natural material which can be reused several times after been washed with a special detergent and re-soaked in oil, thus saving the cost of changing it every time the vehicle is serviced and reducing wastes for the environment.
WINNER IN ALL CATEGORIES
BMC Air Filters are by far the most successful filters in every sports category, since they equipped the champions of Formula 1 (9 titles), American Le Mans (10 titles), Le Mans 24Hours (11 titles), DTM (9 titles), Superbike (2 titles), AMA Superbike (1 Title), Suzuka 8Hours (1 title).
Increase the Horsepower and Torque, and Improve the Gas Mileage of your car with the very best filter on the market!
The filter is made of highly performing materials that allow an increased air flow combined with a more efficient filtration, guaranteeing containment of all impurities from as small as 7 microns (compared to OEM's 10 microns).
Check out the Air flow Chart for a sample BMC air filter against an OEM paper filter in our additional product pictures
Temperature 25C° - Humidity 25% - Pressure 1020mbar
Test ran with oem airbox, and the related air flow constrictions.
This chart has a pure illustrative purpose and does not refer to the present filter.
BMC air filters are produced using a "Full Moulding" system that enables the characteristic red filter to be realized from a single mould with no welded joints thus avoiding easy breakage. The rubber used in BMC air filtering systems has a long life, is very durable and has optimum adhesion characteristics to all shapes of airboxes.
BMC filters are made of a multi-layered cotton gauze soaked with low viscosity oil covered with an epoxy coated alloy mesh to ensure protection from petrol fumes and oxidization due to air humidity.
All BMC air filters are pre-oiled, and they can be washed and regenerated by using the appropriate BMC regeneration kit.