When your truck is used for hard work and big jobs, you need truck accessories that are built to last.
If your truck is used for more than just work, you also need accessories with some aftermarket style. LUVERNE SlimGrip™ 5" running boards are engineered to be the ultimate combination of fleet-grade functionality and offroad fun. They feature a rugged look, high-traction treads, durable construction and easy, no-drill installation.
SlimGrip™ running boards add aggressive style to your truck with their angular design, 5" wide profile, sleek black finish and expanded metal treads. They are designed to complement the offroad truck with a rugged, aftermarket accent while being able to keep up with the rigorous environment and difficult road paved by work trucks and commercial vehicles.
Born from the concept of our popular Grip Step™ 7" running boards, SlimGrip™ off roadside steps feature a unique tread configuration. The treads are integrated into the boards themselves and have an expanded metal design. This provides fleet-level safety, locking onto your boots or shoes when entering or exiting your truck. The treads maintain high traction even in wet conditions, and they feature an open, through-hole design, allowing dirt and debris to get knocked off your boots and pass through the steps. This helps keep the boards and your truck cab clean.
Also like Grip Steps™, SlimGrip™ running boards are constructed from powder-coated aluminum right here in the USA. 5052 aluminum alloy is used to provide excellent strength and rigidity while maintaining a lightweight design. Aluminum also offers the advantage of high corrosion resistance in spite of heavy exposure to mud, rain, snow, road salt and more. To give these aluminum running boards an aggressive finishing touch, they are protected in a highly durable textured black powder coat. This maximizes corrosion resistance and offers a sleek look for your truck.
In addition to the non-skid safety that SlimGrip™ running boards provide, these truck side steps are fitted with hardened black plastic end caps. These caps eliminate sharp corners on the boards and offer extra scratch and scuff protection against loose gravel and other small debris. They also complement the narrowed, angular design of SlimGrip™ running boards, enhancing their rugged, aftermarket look.
For the easiest possible installation and a custom fit on each application, SlimGrip™ aluminum running boards are made vehicle-specific. They mount using the LUVERNE VersaTrac® system, comprised of an adjustable track on the bottom of the boards and vehicle-specific brackets. The brackets use pre-existing mounting points on the vehicle, ensuring a custom fit without any drilling needed. This particular set of SlimGrip™ running boards is designed to fit specific years of the Ford Ranger crew cab (see application information to verify fitment with your vehicle).
NOTE: This set of Ford Ranger running boards includes mounting brackets, but the boards and brackets ship separately.
- Sleek, rugged style and corrosion-resistant build for offroad or work trucks
- Expanded metal treads for maximum traction and safety
- Open treads knock dirt and snow off boots to help keep the truck cab clean
- Powder-coated aluminum construction to be strong, lightweight and rust-free
- Angular end caps eliminate sharp corners and add aggressive style
- VersaTrac mounting system for easy installation and vehicle customization
- No-drill, vehicle-specific application for a custom fit
- Powder-coated brackets use stainless steel fasteners for lasting strength
- Limited lifetime warranty (five-year finish, one-year parts)
- Made in USA
- Includes one pair of running boards and mounting hardware (shipped separately)
- Some running board assembly required
- Any Service Parts noted in the Installation Sheets are not for individual sale, for reference only