Chevrolet Camaro SS Oil Catch Can - Mishimoto - Baffled
Protect the internals of your Chevy Camaro with this Oil Catch Can!
The 6.2 liter LT1 is an animal of an engine, but like any engine, it does not enjoy oil in its intake. Enter Mishimoto's Camaro SS baffled oil catch can!
Designed to protect the LT1's intake from becoming an oil slick, this catch can mounts in-line with the PCV system to separate oil and air using a 50 micron bronze filter.
The catch can is mounted away from most intake and supercharger kits to help leave room for future modifications.
This new GM LT1 engine features direct fuel injection, which is great for creating an efficient burn, but allows for carbon build up on the intake valves. Engines with conventional port injection have fuel injected into the intake runners, which helps to wash carbon deposits off the valves. This isn't the case with the Camaro's LT1, making the addition of a catch can vital in preventing increased carbon buildup.
Mishimoto's 2016 Camaro SS catch can kit features Mishimoto's 2-port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can which features a bronze filter and internal baffle to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. Two direct-fit hoses and an application-specific bracket make for a quick and simple installation.
To back up Mishimoto's superior craftsmanship, each 2016 Camaro SS catch can kit comes with the renowned Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty! Their catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, they are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while this catch can traps the blow-by and keeps it out of the engine permanently.
If you've seen what we've seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won't want that draining back into your oil either.
- Designed for the 2016+ Chevrolet Camaro SS
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50 micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patented billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Robust bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location away from most intake and supercharger kits
- Includes pre-molded hoses with factory quick-disconnect fittings for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer serving intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty