BMW M4 Performance Intercooler Kit - Air-To-Water - Mishimoto
BMW has a knack for maintaining their stake as the benchmark when it comes to performance luxury vehicles, with the F8X generation being no exception.
The S55 that powers the 2015-2020 BMW M4 is dripping with technology, which includes an air-to-water intercooler system for a means of keeping cool.
Where BMW's intercooler design was enough to help bring this generation of mid-sized M's to their peak, Mishimoto has found some weaknesses that could be improve on.
Starting with the end tanks.
The Mishimoto Performance Air-to-Water Intercooler features full, cast aluminum end tanks, TIG welded to bar-and-plate core for maximum durability as you increase the boost in your BMW. The end tanks also include internal air diverters on both the inlet and outlet to ensure an even flow of charged air through the core.
When it comes to the core, bigger is better, and Mishimoto was able to expand the size of the core in all dimensions, resulting in a 29% increase in core volume while abstaining from any modifications when it comes to installation.
Their new core also features a unique single-pass internal fin layout for the coolant passage for optimal heat transfer from the charged air to the coolant.
With all improvements combined, the Mishimoto 2015-2020 BMW F8X M3 and M4 Performance Intercooler increase flow through the core by 16% and recorded a 12 F drop in intake air temperatures when tested with the Mishimoto Performance Heat Exchanger.
They also recorded an average increase of 11whp and 8wtq during our testing with peak gains of up to 31whp and 10wtq.
With the micro-wrinkle black finish and sleek header plate design, the Mishimoto Performance Air-to-Water Performance intercooler makes for not only the perfect addition to your F8X build, but also looks right at home in the M's engine bay.
- Direct fit for the 2015–2020 BMW M4
- 29% increase in core volume
- 16% increase in flow
- Average power gains of 11 whp and 8 wtq when combined with Mishimoto Heat Exchanger
- 12°F drop in intake air temperatures with Mishimoto Heat Exchanger
- Unique single-pass core design for improved cooling capacity
- Cast aluminum end tanks with incorporated diverters for maximum flow
- Bar-and-plate core for maximum cooling efficiency
- Micro-wrinkle black powder-coated finish for sleek aesthetic in the engine bay
- Compatible with stock and Mishimoto charge pipes
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty