Unlike some other kits offered elsewhere this is a complete kit that comes with everything you will need to a proper installation. Only the Renegade Ready Kit offers everything you need!
We know the new Jeep Renegade. Renegade Ready created the Retrofit Trailer Hitch Kit so all Jeep Renegade owners could have the factory in-bumper 2" receiver hitch. It's the perfect height for trailering and bike racks and won't take away from departure angle or ground clearance.
Save $$ Hundreds! - our exclusive kit DOES NOT require purchase of an expensive and hard-to-get pre-cut bumper cover. It can be installed on any model Jeep Renegade with any size engine (read owners' manual towing guidelines if planning to tow). Even Jeep dealers buy our kit!
Our kit includes all the necessary Jeep factory parts, precise self adhesive templates and detailed instructions with photos guiding you step-by-step through the process of disassembling the bumper cover and bumper components, cutting the bezel-matching hole in your existing bumper cover, installing the factory hitch bumper and trim bezel, reassembly, and optionally wiring your Jeep Renegade for trailer lights.
Renegade Ready Retrofit Hitch Kit Includes
- Custom 2” Receiver Hitch (Made in Texas, USA exclusively for this kit)
- A Trailer Light Converter Kit
- Bezel Fascia. This is the decorative trim piece to frame the receiver and connector that is inserted into the plastic bumper cover—a precision hole must be cut for the bezel using the template provided.
- 10 - specialty body panel retainer clips. Certain body panels must be removed but doing so requires the destruction of the existing panel retainer clips. These clips are provided to replace the clips you will break during install.
- 6 - 14mm factory anchor bolts (needed for non-Trailhawk models and now included with all kits)
- Self Adhesive Cutting Template. Self Adhesive Template with cutting lines and alignment marks that is placed onto the bumper cover to show exact cutting location for the bezel mounting hole and slits for bezel snap-in anchor tabs. This part alone can save you many hours of extra work and virtually eliminate the risk of cutting the panels incorrectly.
- Template Position Checker that is used to verify that template has been accurately located and adhered on the bumper cover prior to before making any cuts.
- Detailed, 12-page printed instruction manual with full color photos of each step and time saving tips.
No other kit comes close to this kit. The new Our detailed instructions, templates and other misc parts drastically simplify the installation process and virtually eliminate the chance of making a mistake. This is one of the many reasons on why this is now the #1 selling retrofit hitch on the market today.
THIS KIT INCLUDES ELECTRICAL WIRING CONVERTER BOX!
Renegade Ready exclusive extras included with wiring kit: simplified wiring instructions with specialty fuse holder for easier installation, plus heat-shrink tubing, protective over wrap and wiring instructions for splicing into bumper connector.
Tools you will need:
- Metric Sockets / Wrenches including 7mm, 10mm, 13mm (deep), 17mm, 18mm, 21mm, extensions
- Torx Drivers / Tips : T30, T25
- #2 Phillips Driver
- Torque Wrench
- Electrical tape (if wiring in)
- 12V Test light or volt meter (if installing wiring kit)
- Soldering Iron (if splicing into bumper mounted connector)
- Manual cutting tools are the preferred method so there is less chance of an accident when you’ve only got one chance to get it right. Here are some that will work: manual drywall saw, Box cutter, wide tooth hacksaw blade
- Plastic trim removal set or a very stiff spatula
- Vehicle Jack, chock and a jack stand or two
- Air-powered tools for wheel and 14mm anchor bolt removal and installation.
Important: Do not exceed the factory recommended maximum towing weight of 2000lbs and maximum tongue weight of 200lbs. You should thoroughly read the Owners Manual section on towing before deciding on any hitch option.