Jeep Wrangler JK XHD Snorkel Kit - 3.6L/3.8L
Dusty Trails Rides and Deep Water Fording. Anyone who takes their rig off-road is likely to encounter these conditions. The new Modular XHD Snorkel System from Rugged Ridge relocates the vulnerable stock air intake location to help reduce dust clogged filters and the risk of hydro-locking your engine.
It is also the first snorkel designed with the modular functionality of a Pre-filter Low Mount and Ram High Mount air intake design. Unlike other snorkels, you don't have to give up flexibility for functionality. Not only did they engineer this snorkel to allow the windshield to fold and doors to be removed, they built it for use with a dual battery tray, windshield light bar and windshield light mounting tabs. Because what good is having a snorkel to cross the river, if you have to leave your lights and the dual battery (to power your winch) on the other side?
The Modular XHD Snorkel System comes standard with the Pre-filter Low Mount. The Pre-filter Low Mount relocates the air intake to just below the windshield and draws cool air from outside the hot engine compartment. The optional Ram High Mount design allows the air intake to be extended up an additional 21 inch to the top of the windshield. The two air intake mounts are easily interchangeable to give you the modular functionality best suited to your needs.
- Manufactured from premium thermoformed plastic, mandrel bent aluminum and hi-temp silicone connection hoses.
- Built in manual drain valves channel away excess water to prevent it from entering the intake system.
- Installs with minor modification to the fender, but without the major cutting and surgery that other kits require.
- New lower air cleaner box installs in place of the factory unit, so you don't have to hack and tap. Just attached the factory upper air box, chose from the Pre-filter Low Mount or High Mount design and go!
- Main Modular Snorkel Body
- Rugged Ridge Logo Plate
- Aluminum Air Tube
- Lower Air Filter Housing
- High Intake
- Ram Intake
- 3" Clamp
- Foam Gasket (Intake)
- Mounting Bracket