If you are wanting to control the final up travel of the suspension in your Ford Raptor then the Rear Hydraulic Bump stop System will do the job.
Many Raptor owners are using their vehicles beyond their intended design and are often loaded with additional weight, which when combined results in VERY high suspension impact speeds. The factory rear bump stop is made of foam rubber and is limited on how much energy it can absorb. Ford Raptors have a couple of unique issues that are problematic for proper control of bump stop forces. The factory rear bump stops are mounted in a manner that allows for the rubber to squish out to the side of its mount, allowing metal to metal contact. The frame surrounding the OEM bump stop mount is not capable of these kinds of forces and with repeated abuse can lead to frame damage not covered by warranty.
The more robust solution is a hydro-pneumatic bump shock or "air bump". ICON's hydraulic bump stop uses oil and nitrogen to do two tasks: function as a spring and a shock. An internal nitrogen charge is compressed when the air bump is compressed to act as a spring, similar to the OEM bumpstop. The difference is hydraulic air bumps are adjustable and can be tuned to have low impact forces at the beginning of the travel, and ramp theoretically to infinity at the end. Unlike the factory bump stop, ICON's hydraulic bump stop incorporates oil along with a damping piston internally to control the amount of energy that is returned to the suspension, reducing the vehicles tendency to kick. The oil and damping piston also control the compression of the air bump relative to speed which is important for Raptors hitting obstacles at extreme speeds.
The Ford Raptor hydraulic bump stop system uses a 2.5" travel air bump allowing the shock additional distance to control energy, and does not interfere with suspension travel under normal driving conditions. The clamshell bracket design with triangulated cross braces not only gives a rigid mounting point for the air bump, it helps support a known weak part of the frame prone to failure.
- Designed for increased leaf spring clearance so there is no loss in up travel with stock or aftermarket springs
- Easy bolt on installation without having to remove the truck bed
- 6061 Solid billet cross bar that is polished & anodized
- Bump stop striker pad does not require leaf spring disassembly
- Comfortable on road manners with sufficient damping capability under extreme load
- Hydro-pneumatic bump stop increases bump energy capacity Velocity sensitive hydraulic bump stop increases the amount of energy absorbed the faster it is hit
- Reduces rear end kick and improves overall performance
- Clamshell brackets strengthen frame in critical areas preventing frame damage from extreme off road use
- Cross member and tension rods stabilize frame rails and prevent twisting under hard impacts
- Increases frame rigidity and improves overall vehicle dynamics
- Industry first billet cross beam
- Pre-tuned and Nitrogen charged for most Ford Raptors
- Integrated adjustability for future ICON Raptor specific products
Bump stop Features:
- Linear-digressive piston which compliments a bump stop over the industry standard linear-linear piston. Infinite tuning options with valve stack, oil volume, and nitrogen pressure adjustments
- CAD Plated body for corrosion free service
- Urethane rod seal and wiper for long service life
- User serviceable and tunable