This Suspension System is designed to improve the ride quality of your Ford F150 Raptor.
The engineers took a different approach to position sensitive performance in our 3.0 front coil over shock. Instead of bypassing a small internal piston at the cost of poor control, road holding, and cornering like a traditional internal position sensitive shock, our shock starts with a true 3” main piston that has robust features such as digressive rebound and flutter stack compression. This combination produces outstanding control, great response, and unparalleled ride performance. To achieve even more control for extreme off-road use, we added an additional internal hydraulic system (much like an external mounted hydraulic bump stop) that produces the extreme forces required during the last 40% of travel to achieve maximum bottom out control. These multiple stages of compression and rebound have been tuned independently to maximize overall performance of the Ford SVT Raptor front suspension. For owners who wish to optimize the ride specific to his or her liking, the front coil-over shocks are equipped with an external, “Easy to Adjust” Compression Damping Control Valve, that is effective for the entire stroke of the shock. This compression adjustment valve offers you 10 high resolution settings, each bringing a true feel difference from soft to firm.
The Rear ZETA Ford SVT Raptor Shocks are a true 3.0” (inside and out), three tube External Bypass shock. These are far from the norm when compared to a traditional bypass shock you see on Trophy Trucks and other off-road race vehicles. Each bypass valve has a specific port design and individually equipped with a different spring rate to ensure proper performance at each zone of shock travel. These same bypass valves feature dampened valve stops for quiet and precise operation. That means no clicking noises as you hit bumps or road chatter driving down the road. The biggest difference in these shocks versus an industry standard bypass shock, are the “Easy-to-Adjust” knobs and the replaceable bypass tubes. The “Easy to Adjust” Hi Resolution Clicker Knobs do not require any tools for adjustment, and can be adjusted in seconds from plush off-road performance to firm on road manners for extra control while driving the mountains or towing a trailer. Another unique feature of this shock is the replaceable bypass tubes that can be swapped out during a standard rebuild if any damage were to occur, where a normal bypass shock body would need to be completely replaced, saving you hundreds of dollars.
Considering the capability of our high performance 3.0 shocks, many Raptor owners are still using their vehicles beyond Fords intended design requiring further performance upgrades. These trucks are often loaded with additional weight, which when combined, results in VERY high suspension impact speeds. The factory rear bump stop is made of foam rubber and is limited on how much energy it can absorb. Ford Raptors have a couple of unique issues that are problematic for proper control of bump stop forces. The factory rear bump stops are mounted in a manner that allows for the rubber to squish out to the side of its mount, allowing metal to metal contact. The frame surrounding the OEM bump stop mount is not capable of these kinds of forces and with repeated abuse can lead to frame damage not covered by warranty. A more robust solution is a hydro-pneumatic bump shock or "air bump". ICON's hydraulic bump stop uses oil and nitrogen to do two tasks: function as a spring and a shock. An internal nitrogen charge is compressed when the air bump is compressed to act as a spring, similar to the OEM bump stop. The difference is hydraulic air bumps are adjustable and can be tuned to have low impact forces at the beginning of the travel, and ramp theoretically to infinity at the end. Unlike the factory bump stop, ICON's hydraulic bump stop incorporates oil along with a damping piston internally to control the amount of energy that is returned to the suspension, reducing the vehicles tendency to kick. The oil and damping piston also control the compression of the air bump relative to speed which is important for Raptors hitting obstacles at extreme speeds. Our resulting dynamic system is one that is soft and compliant allowing full suspension travel at slow speeds, yet at high speeds will create very high forces to resist bottoming out. ICON's Ford Raptor hydraulic bump stop system uses a 2.5" travel air bump allowing the shock additional distance to control energy, and does not interfere with suspension travel under normal driving conditions. The clamshell bracket design with triangulated cross braces not only gives a rigid mounting point for the air bump, it helps support a known weak part of the frame prone to failure.
This Stage 3 System combines the unstoppable performance of our Ford Raptor 3.0 Performance Shock System & hydraulic bump stop system while including our fully adjustable Billet Delta Joint Upper Control Arms. These trucks were designed with off road performance in mind but the factory upper arm with ball joint is one of the weak points in the factory Raptor suspension. Unique to no other Raptor Upper Control Arm on the market to have on-vehicle adjustable rod ends to allow for easy alignment adjustment in minutes not hours. That means no taking the arms on and off to adjust them you simply loosen the pinch bolts, adjust to your liking, and re-tighten the the pinch bolts. The adjustability allows you to retain the factory track width, while improving tire clearance between the tire and back side of the front fender well.
This system features upper control arms with the patent pending Delta Joint. The Delta Joint is a heavy duty high angle ball joint that combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a traditional uni ball. While the industry standard uni ball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements. The Delta Joint features a zinc plated housing providing the first layer of corrosion resistance, while a tough grease seal keeps potentially harmful elements out of the inner workings of the joint. Metal on metal construction and a greasable design increase the longevity of the Delta Joint while at the same time allowing for noise-free operation. What makes the Delta Joint unique is that it brings the best of both worlds to ICON upper control arms with features that make it more robust than a uni ball, and at the same time capable of greater angularity than a typical ball joint.
- 3.0 OEM Replacement Remote Reservoir Compression Adjustable Front Coil Over Shocks
- Internal Hydraulic Bump Zone Designed for Maximum G-out Control in the Last 40% of Travel
- Easy-to-Adjust High Resolution Compression Adjuster Offers Fine Tuning Adjustments For All Types of Terrains
- Direct Bolt in to OEM Location and Optimum Reservoir Positioning for Superb Heat Dissipation and protection
- Nitrogen Charged 6063-T832 Aluminum 10” Remote Reservoirs that are Precision CNC Honed & Hard Anodized
- Adjustable Ride Height from 1 – 3” of Lift
- ICON Engineered Eibach 3 5/8” ID High Quality Chrome Silicon Steel Springs that offer increased travel and performance
- Multi Stage Cad Plated Finish with Polished and Anodized Top Cap / Rod Ends
- Com 12 PTFE Lined Bearings Ensure Maximum Strength and Durability
- Oversized 1” Heavy Duty CNC Machined Shock Shafts
- Extended Droop Travel and Increased Overall Performance on and off road
- 3.0 OEM Replacement PiggyBack Reservoir ZETA 3 Tube Bypass Rear Shocks
- Easy-to-Adjust Detended Adjustment Knobs Offer Quick Adjustability without the Use of Tools
- High Resolution Bypass Valves Designed for Noticeable Fine Tune Adjustments in Rebound and Compression
- High Flow CNC Machined Welded Bypass Blocks designed to Increase Fluid Flow for Enhanced Performance & High Definition Tuning
- Replaceable Bypass Tubes That Can Easy Slide in to Position if you were to Dent or Damage One
- Direct Bolt in to OEM Location with Bypass Adjustment Knobs Easily Accessible for Tuning Adjustment
- Special Engineered Dampened Valve Stops for Quiet and Precise Operation without the Standard Bypass Loud “Clicking” Noise you will find with Other Brands
- Multi Stage Cad Plated Finish with Polished and Anodized Top Cap / Rod Ends
- UHMH Machined Shaft & Rod End Protective Shin Guards Standard with Every Kit
- 6061 Billet Aluminum
- Precision CNC Machined
- Patent Pending Delta Joint
- Easily Adjustable on the Vehicle for Perfect Wheel Alignments
- High Precision CNC Machined Pin Provides OEM Like Fitment
- RSMX PTFE Lined 7/8” Rod Ends
- O-ring sealed billet dust cover
- Designed for increased leaf spring clearance so there is no loss in up travel with stock or aftermarket springs
- Easy bolt on installation without having to remove the truck bed
- 6061 Solid billet cross bar that is polished & anodized
- Bump stop striker pad does not require leaf spring disassembly
- Comfortable on road manners with sufficient damping capability under extreme load
- Hydro-pneumatic bump stop increases bump energy capacity
- Velocity sensitive hydraulic bump stop increases the amount of energy absorbed the faster it is hit
- Reduces rear end kick and improves overall performance
- Clamshell brackets strengthen frame in critical areas preventing frame damage from extreme off road use
- Cross member and tension rods stabilize frame rails and prevent twisting under hard impacts
- Increases frame rigidity and improves overall vehicle dynamics
- Industry first billet cross beam
- Pre-tuned and Nitrogen charged for most Ford Raptors
- Integrated adjustability for future ICON Raptor specific products