Increase wheel travel and damping ability, which translates into outstanding vehicle control and ride quality both on and off-road.
The Stage 2 system includes vehicle-specific tuned 2.5” coil over shocks featuring an internal reservoir for exceptional cooling properties and ICON-engineered Eibach coil springs for superior vehicle “feel” through the range of travel. These coil overs are also height adjustable from 0-3” allowing the use of larger, more aggressive wheel and tire combinations. Tubular upper control arms on the F150 not only add strength and durability, but help retain factory alignment spec range increasing caster over stock. The 2.0 Aluminum Series mono tube rear shocks utilize a vehicle-specific valving that balances the performance of the truck from front to rear. The Vehicle Dynamics 2004-2008 F150 2WD Stage 2 suspension system is an excellent choice for those drivers looking to enhance the capabilities of their pickup on the road as well as in the dirt.
This system features upper control arms with the patent pending Delta Joint. The Delta Joint is a heavy duty high angle ball joint that combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a traditional uni ball. While the industry standard uni ball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements. The Delta Joint features a zinc plated housing providing the first layer of corrosion resistance, while a tough grease seal keeps potentially harmful elements out of the inner workings of the joint. Metal on metal construction and a greasable design increase the longevity of the Delta Joint while at the same time allowing for noise-free operation. What makes the Delta Joint unique is that it brings the best of both worlds to the upper control arms with features that make it more robust than a uni ball, and at the same time capable of greater angularity than a typical ball joint.
- Increased wheel travel and ride quality over stock with no change in towing capacity
- Vehicle specific tuned front and rear shocks for superior damping and vehicle control
- Adjustable coil overs provide 0-3" of lift height
- Tubular upper control arms for added strength, durability, and improved alignment geometry
- 6061 aircraft grade aluminum CNC machined components
- Corrosion resistant CAD plated coil over shock body with 7/8" shaft
- High strength alloy CNC machined lower bar pin
- FK Rod End bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- 2.0 aluminum body IFP rear shock with 5/8" polished nitro steel shaft
- 100% bolt-on system - no drilling,cutting or welding necessary for install